Sunday, August 25, 2013

Are You Truly Your Beloved's?

                    Now that my ladder’s gone,
I must lie down where all ladders start,
In the foul rag-and-bone shop of the heart.
                                       --W.B. Yeats


I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.

                         Song of Songs 6




Sometimes we are granted by God inspiration to be His. He calls us. He brings us. He sends us ladders with which to climb to Him. People, events, or moods through which we are able to feel His love openly, enabling us to feel that My Beloved is mine.


But then sometimes, He takes it all away. And we feel as if our Beloved...stopped loving us. 



I opened for my beloved,
    but my beloved had left; he was gone.
    My heart sank at his departure.
I looked for him but did not find him.
        Song of Songs 5


Only then...can we truly begin to prove...that I am my Beloved's.





No comments:

Post a Comment