Sunday, December 29, 2013


"I soon found myself more isolated in my own land, than I had been in a foreign country. For a while I wanted to fling myself into a world which said nothing to me and which did not understand me. My soul, not yet worn out by any passion, sought an object to which it might be attached; but I realized I was giving more than I received. It was not elevated language or deep feelings that were asked of me. My only task was to shrink my soul and bring it down to society's level."
      
                                                                          --François-René de Chateaubriand, René



We feel the spiritual muteness.
            Woe, how much do we need to speak, how great is the measure of the light of justice and wisdom with which we are illuminated in the depth of our soul?
            But how shall we reveal this, how shall we explain, how shall we express it, how shall we make evident the tiniest part of this supernal radiance?
            In that regard, the gates are closed before us.
            We begin with prayer, we knock with petitioning, we give forth our voice with song and praise, and we speak with metaphor and logic.
            We stand attentive at the doors—perhaps they will be opened a hairsbreadth, and all of our mouths will be filled with a flood of speech and all of our tongues will become like streaming rivers, streaming currents of honey and butter.


                                                                            --Rabbi Avraham Yitzchak Kook




ליבא לפומא לא גלי

The heart does not reveal to the mouth...

                                            --Midrash



Psalm 65

 Silence is praise to you,
    Zion-dwelling God...
    You hear the prayer in it all.









I have a tale to tell
Sometimes it gets so hard to hide it well
I was not ready for the fall
Too blind to see the writing on the wall

A man can tell a thousand lies
I've learned my lesson well
Hope I live to tell
The secret I have learned, 'till then
It will burn inside of me

I know where beauty lives
I've seen it once, I know the warm she gives
The light that you could never see
It shines inside, you can't take that from me

The truth is never far behind
You kept it hidden well
If I live to tell
The secret I knew then
Will I ever have the chance again

If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How would they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How will they hear
When will they learn
How will they know

                             ---Madonna 


No comments:

Post a Comment