Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Resting in God--PART 2

There's no place like home
There's no place like home!

                               --Dorothy (L. Frank Baum), The Wizard of Oz



How lovely is your dwelling place,
Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.

                                Psalm 84


But how can one's yearning soul find a home with God, in His courts, in Him? Where must we go?


"Thou art higher than my highest and more inward than my innermost self..."
                          
                                                                    --Augustine of Hippo



"Thou art close, O God..."         
                                                                --Psalms, 119:151

"Closer than anything that is close..."
                                                               --Ibn Ezra





No comments:

Post a Comment